Thursday, May 20, 2010

25th Anniversary, Friends & Wine Tasting

The kids gave us a wonderful gift for our 25th wedding anniversary... themselves (as well as a wonderful gift that we totally didn't expect). They invited us for the weekend and it was so special. We all met at Jim & Jessica's on April 24th and it started off with a great BBQ lunch and just hanging out in the back yard. We took the kids to the park, played on the jungle gyms and flew kites. Here are the pictures in no particular order.


The children love taking a bath together and catching bubbles.




Long day... can you tell it's bedtime??


We had ice cream and all the toppings.... YUMMY!!!!






The cousins love each other


Just hanging out on the patio











Miss photogenic getting ready for her modeling career.




Of course Joey does the "boy" thing playing with rocks.






Here's the beautiful, thoughtful gift and card the kids gave to us. It's a personalized frame of then and now, WE LOVE IT!!!




Of course I couldn't stop crying, it really touched my heart. It was such a girly moment, while the guys were probably thinking lets get on with it!


















Fun at the park









Joey was so excited because he saw an airplane in the sky.















Joey's little house in the backyard kept the kids busy for hours.













H


Here's Jimmy showing off his brand new BBQ.



We had a great dinner.






This mechanical kitty is so darn cute! It meows and purrs.






Joan & Karen came over to my house for our monthly get together. We rotate houses every month and I was the hostess on April 22nd. We just hang out and get caught up on what's been happening.




It was also Kaija's birthday, so Peter and Kaija come over and we celebrated with champagne.













Here's Kaija singing happy birthday in Finnish






We went to the Passport Wine Tasting Weekend on April 17th & 18th in El Dorado. We had such a good time visiting all the wineries, tasting, talking to the wine makers and playing with all the resident doggies. It's really God's country up there and the scenery is fabulous.





As you all know this spring has been colder than usual with lots of rain. We just happen to hit a nice weekend without rain so we were enjoying soaking up the sunshine.














Since it had only been 6 days after Codi died and I'm an animal lover, I loved petting all the resident dogs.


This dog was HUGE!!!!!!








This dog's name was HANK... lots of laughs with the sign for him.












Dinner at the Schnell's after wine tasting.


Check this out... we went to Cold Stone after wine tasting and Kaija went into the store with her wine glass still around her neck... too funny.


I was the designated driver on Saturday and they were giving free back massages for the drivers... way cool !!! I enjoyed the heck out of it.




























There is a story behind this picture. I had a chocolate in my pocket and forgot about it. Well it melted all over the place. I had my cell phone in my pocket... needless to say my phone still smells of chocoate! Kaija and Hank are cleaning me up... what a dummy I am!!








No comments:

Post a Comment