Saturday, February 28, 2015

Surprise 60th B’day Party for Me!!

On January 13th I turned 60.  I received lots of Happy Birthday emails, calls, and cards… followed by going out for a nice dinner.  One week later I certainly didn’t expect a surprise party in my honor.  Hank started planning this party back in November with 5 of my dearest friends from the Bay Area.  I’ve known most of these lovely ladies since 1990.

Saturday afternoon Hank asked me to help him bring in a big box that was delivered at the front door.  When I opened the door the girls were standing there and I lost it!  I was in complete shock that I couldn’t speak and didn’t know what the hell was going on.  My jaw was hanging open for at least 5 minutes until I could talk.  Of course Sheila caught the whole thing on video with all the screams, hugs, & laughs.  Thank God I took a shower about an hour earlier, but I didn’t have any make-up on nor did I even dry my hair… but these girls don’t care they love me for me Winking smileRed heartBirthday cake

IMG_3422

They arrived around 1pm and the bar opened up at 1:30 with beer and wine.  The hard booze started at 4pm!  These girls are a bad influence on me… LOL
IMG_3387IMG_3385IMG_3386IMG_3388

Of course these bitches (I say this with love and affection) brought all kinds of gifts for “old” people.  Some of the stuff they brought:  wheelchair, canes, Ensure, vitamins, spongy butt pillow, foam back rest, and incredibly funny b’Day cards, just to name a few!!!
IMG_3390IMG_3397IMG_3399IMG_3407IMG_3409

Hank was our designated driver and he treated all of us to a great Italian dinner at Buonarroti’s in downtown Lincoln.
IMG_3416IMG_3417IMG_3418IMG_3419IMG_3420IMG_3426

We have 2 guests rooms with regular beds, but we set up 2 blow up beds in other rooms to accommodate the girls.
IMG_3427

Here’s the bar after drinking for several hours.
IMG_3430IMG_3437IMG_3442IMG_3446

Here’s the aftermath the next morning.  Notice the “Caution 60 Year Old” orange cone … they put them all over the house!!!  See why I called them bitches?!?!?
IMG_3448

The party would not have been complete without Parker joining in the celebration… he’s such a good boy, and he travels in comfort as you can see!
IMG_3452

A great big shout out to Hank for being a wonderful husband and best friend!  This was so thoughtful of him and the fact that he wanted to do something special for me… he’s a “keeper” (but I already knew that)!!! I LOVE YOU HONEY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment