Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My New Craft Room!!

I was so excited to finally get started on my craft room.  So in December we spent a couple of weeks putting it all together.  There is a small walk in closet and this is what it looked like prior to close of escrow.  The previous owners used it as their daughter’s bedroom.  It just had wire shelving to hang clothes.
Craft Room closet
I wanted shelving throughout the closet to maximize on the space and store all my craft stuff, sewing items, wrapping paper, floral, etc.  Once I designed it and measured everything, we began.
Craft room closet 2Craft room closet 3Craft room closet 4Craft room closet 5Craft room closet 6Craft room closet 7Craft room closet 8Messy craft room pre closet
Here’s the closet finished, big difference and a lot more storage!
Craft room closet finished
Hank built this shelf unit for me to hang on the wall to hold all my ribbon, ink, embellishments, buttons, and markers.  After the construction was complete I painted it.  Gotta love the lumber clearance bin at Home Depot.
Painting craft room shelf 2Craft room wall 1Craft room wall 2
I put this beautiful tree and butterfly stencils up at our other house in Lincoln and I loved it so much I couldn’t leave it there when we moved.  I painstakingly removed every leaf one by one.  Because I had taken pictures of it before, I knew exactly how to put it back together.
Tree stencil 3
It turned out just as good the second time.  I had no idea that stencils could be used again… now we all know it works.
Tree stencil 4Tree stencil 5
Here’s the final product.  My color scheme is a very dark rich raspberry, chocolate brown and olive green.  The colors are beautiful together so I want to decorate & accessorize with those colors.  That will be one of my next projects in my spare time (hee-hee – no spare time).
Craft room wall 3

3 comments: