Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I Love to Make Cards

Last year I got into making scrapbooks and greeting cards. It's a lot of fun getting your creative juices flowing. My first small scrapbook was for our good friends Rodger & Kim. My first big 12x12 scrapbook was for Tigger and Codi (my cat I had for 20 years and our dog that is currently 13 years old). I figure if I it screwed up no one needs to know about it, but it turned out good. Since then I've made a few 8x8 scrapbooks and another 12x12 of my Dad's life. I now make all my cards. I got tired of paying $3-$4 per card and then most people just toss them anyway. I really enjoy making the cards and I can customize them for each person. I'm taking a "techniques" class once a month and I just LOVE it!!! It's so much fun to learn new stuff. Here are some of the cards I have made.

This is the card I made for Lizzy's 1st birthday

This card was for Lizzy's baptism






I just made these two rose cards at my techniques class last week. I learned how to use watercolors and crayons and water.


For Lizzy's 1st birthday, I made her a scrapbook. Each two page layout represents one month of the first year of her life. This is one of the pages that I made which represents the month of June. I still need to insert all the pictures, which Mike & Pami will select. I made all the embellishments by hand. For example, the fence is made from popsicle sticks which I cut, then painted. I cut everything by hand with little scissors because I still do not have the proper tools and templates because they are very expensive. It was fun making this book and it turned out fantastic!




No comments:

Post a Comment