Sunday, May 17, 2009

Long awaited craft/sewing/scrapbooking room!!!



Here's the start to decorating my scrapbooking room (AKA sewing & crafts room). I needed a work surface to make cards, scrapbooks, wrapping gifts and working on craft projects. We bought a kitchen counter at Home Depot and two bathroom cabinets to support each end. Hank made shelves for inside the cabinets and installed pull out trays that used to be in our kitchen. I found the large cabinet on Craig's List for $50. It's really nice with glass shelves in the top section behind frosted glass doors and it also has shelving in the bottom section. The blue tape on the wall identifies where some shelving will go.


Once I had the furniture in place, I designed the shelving I wanted to go above the work surface and Hank made that for me; here are some of the pictures.


I decided on my color scheme... brown, pink & lime green!!!! I know, it sounds really wierd, but I searched through books and found the colors compliment each other are very nice together, so here's the "green" wall.



We have just finished the wall, hung the shelves and placed the work surface and cabinet back. I'm still not done with this project, but at least I have a place to work instead of everything scattered on the kitchen table (scrapbooking & card making gets very messy). I'm thinking of stencils for the wall, hanging some pictures and maybe a few other things to tie it all together. It's a work in process and I'm learning as I'm going along. The cost of the room so far has been really inexpensive. Between gift cards at Home Depot, clearance bins, and selling some stuff on Craig's List, the whole room only cost $22 so far!!! I just love bargin shopping.

More pictures to follow as we continue on the project, so stay tuned!

1 comment:

  1. This looks great Kath! You did a great job on your craft room! And I had no idea that tree was that big - quite a job!! Great pictures of all the grandkids!!

    ReplyDelete